This cold morning I am starting some chicken soup and I am reflecting on what I learned, recalled and added to my cooking head during this 50 mile ultra journey:
- From “Eat & Run” by Scott Jurek it was turmeric and pineapple
- From my good “Need Less Give More” wife it was ginger
- From Davis Grotto’s “101 Foods That Could Save Your Life” it was quinoa
- From my running doctor friend Austin Johnson it was homemade almond milk
- From my little herb garden covered with snow this morning it is sage, thyme, basil, rosemary and whatever else will thrive and survive the rabbits and squirrels!
So here we go with chicken soup: 4 thighs in an iron pan, boil with sage, thyme, rosemary, onion, garlic salt pepper for awhile, add celery, carrots, and whatever else you want. Go for it!